Euro-notions has developed the “SCHMETZ Needle Academy” to take place in YOUR store — to help you become the needle expert in your sewing community. Euro-notions provides the educational/marketing tools you need to convince your customers to buy the very best sewing machine needles.
Marketing tools currently available for sewing machine dealers include:
- The “SCHMETZ Needle Academy” Class Packet is available for download at www.euronotions.com. Euro-notions has created a detailed road map with supporting materials for INCREASED NEEDLE SALES. The packet includes a special event timeline, description, sample invitation and press release.
- The SCHMETZ PowerPoint Presentation. Free download at www.euronotions.com/newsite-wp/media-download.html. User ID & password given on website. This professionally prepared PowerPoint is the basis for the SCHMETZ Needle Academy – and the whole purpose is to make YOU the needle expert in your own store and community.
- The very popular SCHMETZ ABC Pocket Guide, #D-81, has been completely updated, rewritten, restyled and reprinted. It is available to you FREE – simply order from your notions distributor. This nifty little Guide has long been considered one of the finest educational tools in the sewing industry. You will appreciate the updated graphics and new information. Be sure to order enough copies so that it can be included as a “freebie” when you have special events in your store. We left room on the back so you can include your own store information with a sticker or a stamp!
- SCHMETZ YouTube videos are available to post on your store website. These are FREE downloads at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQjw4DiWyD-hviRUMrhW-wHb-UsNSRFu1. Load the videos on your website or play it on a computer in your sewing machine area. These YouTube videos promote SCHMETZ quality and brand loyalty.
3 months prior to event:
- Download class materials from www.euronotions.com
- Post your needle class on your website/blog. See Event description below.
- Send press release — provided to local sewing guilds, quilt groups etc.
1 month prior:
- Email invitations to your best customers — sample invitation provided below.
- Start to use the “bag stuffer” — a version of the invitation — promoting the class.
- Order stock of SCHMETZ needles from your distributor — sell bundled needles.
2 weeks prior:
- Send press release — provided — to local newspaper (weekly newspapers are very likely to print exactly what you send them — be sure to have the name of a real person.)
1 week prior:
- If class is not yet full — make phone calls to invite customers who have recently purchased a sewing machine.
- Bundle sewing machine needles and prepare displays
- Prepare “class handouts,” graphics for the round-robin, cut fabric square.
1 day prior:
- Set up the classroom and do run-through of the PowerPoint Presentation
- Set up the sewing machine area for the Needle Round-Robin portion of the event.
Event Description – for website, newsletter, blog
Knowledge is power and the smallest things can make the biggest difference. The more you know about your sewing machine needles, the better result you will achieve with your sewing projects. How do you know which needle to use? What difference does it make? When do you know it’s time to change your needle? During this class, you’ll see an educational SCHMETZ sewing machine needle presentation — and then participate in a Sit and Sew Round Robin — using a variety of machine needles. You’ll be able to see and feel how choosing the right needle will insure your sewing success. Come to this special event — meet some new people. Increase your needle http://premier-pharmacy.com/product-category/skin-care/ knowledge and improve your sewing!!!
Invitation and/or Bag stuffer
Attendee Phyllis Krogman said, “I’ve been sewing all my life and I thought I knew a lot about sewing machine needles. But I had two big “Ah Ha” moments at the SCHMETZ Needle Academy — and I am so glad I attended. Thank you for the excellent information — I now have the SCHMETZ ABC Pocket Guide next to my sewing machine for easy reference.”
You are invited to join us at a very special Sewing Machine Needle event. Space is limited – so sign up early!
What: SCHMETZ NEEDLE ACADEMY
Knowledge is power and the smallest things can make the biggest difference. The more you know about your sewing machine needles, the better result you will achieve with your sewing projects. How do you know which needle to use? What difference does it make? When do you know it’s time to change your needle? During this class, you’ll see an educational SCHMETZ sewing machine needle presentation — and then participate in a Sit and Sew Round Robin — using a variety of machine needles. You’ll be able to see and feel how choosing the right needle will insure your sewing success. Come to this special event — meet some new people. Increase your needle knowledge and improve your sewing!!!
Cost: (Suggestions — $10 class fee & receive a $10 gift certificate the day of the class OR — FREE — but RSVP is required as space is limited). Call #xxx-xxx-xxxx to reserve your space NOW.
Insert the above photo in your press release.
On ______(date) _________ (Your store name) will be hosting a “SCHMETZ Needle Academy.” According to (insert your own name & title) “SCHMETZ sewing machine needles have long been recognized for their fine German quality – and it is a pleasure for us to host the first “SCHMETZ Needle Academy” in the area.
Connie Combs, a professional seamstress from Anderson, Indiana, recently attended a SCHMETZ Needle Academy class and said this: “I enjoyed the needle demonstration presented at our quilt guild. I am a seamstress by trade and did not realize how many different needles there are and what they can do. I purchased two different needle “bundles”. Thank you for making this presentation possible.”
One exciting element of this event is that the students will take part in a “round-robin” — where they will be able to sit and sew and actually see the difference the right needle can make in their finished sewing or quilting project.
“We had the best time!” said Ronda Siem, a recent attendee of a SCHMETZ Needle Academy in Chicago, Illinois. “Before I attended the Needle Academy, I thought I knew everything I needed to know about sewing machine needles. But I was wrong. I especially appreciated the informative hand-outs we received, and I know I’ll refer to them often.”
Space is limited so sign up early. Call #xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Round Robin Exercises
Use 6″ sq fabrics — cotton, wool, linen, polyester, rayon, nylon — wovens & knits
Below are 3 exercise sampling a variety of needles. Create your own exercise based on your customer interests.
General Sewing Exercise
SCHMETZ #1750 Combo Pack (Universal, Stretch, Denim, Twin)
SCHMETZ #1739 Quilting, #1730 Microtex, #1798 Top Stitch
SCHMETZ #1790 Self-Threading, #1772 Hemstitch, #1723 Double, #1796 Triple, #1743 Metallic